By popular demand: the Game Boy ROM of Kudzu is now available as an Early Access download!
- The ROM features the first 3 areas of the game - the town, Kudzu Field, and Garden.
- Additional characters, enemies, bosses, and features not found in the free browser demo!
- Meet new characters! Collect new items! Learn more about the mysteries of the Kudzu!
- Buying the Early Access ROM helps fund further development!
Kudzu is a non-linear adventure about a man trying to save his mentor from a world-eating plant!
You are Max, the apprentice gardener, who discovers that his mentor, Zoen, has mysteriously wandered into the nearby kudzu field. Dangerous creatures await including snakes, bugs, angry flowers, and numerous other hazards.
Kudzu is a game in development set to be released in 2022 (latest update may have some minor bugs and some graphical issues with the boss) It will be playable in browser, on Game Boy, and on the Analogue Pocket.
- Arrow keys to move or navigate in the menu (D-pad)
- Z to interact (corresponds to A button)
- X to attack once you get the machete (corresponds to B button)
- Enter for menu (corresponds to Start)
- Shift for map once you buy it (corresponds to Select)
The current build gives a taste of the first area of the game (The Kudzu Field.) It is being developed in the GB Studio 2.0 engine. Regular updates will be posted to this project page, so please give feedback and check back often!
- Explore ruined fields, gardens, forests, villas, and mountains.
- Master a variety of gardening tools to clear your path including the machete, hoe, and rake!
- Meet weird and helpful characters!
- Fight the twisted creatures lurking in the kudzu, such as snakes, bugs, rats, snails, and ghosts!
- Solve treacherous puzzles!
- Play Kudzu in browser or on Game Boy (will be distributed as a ROM file compatible with Game Boy emulators and flashable to a Game Boy cartridge.)